Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I'm a stay-at-home mom and I've recently gotten interested in trying my hand at some woodworking projects. I have next to no experience with anything like this, but I am eager to learn! I look forward to learning a lot here!

Stephanie
mom to six sensational kids!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Welcome Arymanth.......

Pull up a sawhorse and set a spell.....;) ;) ;)

There's a lot of very knowledgeable folks here...you should learn a lot...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We only have 5 kids:laughing: .

I am in still in my shop at 12:42 a.m. to get something done (I am actually making a coffin). How are you going to find the time!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

How old are your kids??? My older kids are 18, 16, 13, 10 and 8, so they don't need as much attention anymore. My youngest is 14 months, she's the one who keeps me hopping! :laughing: (did I mention we homeschool?)

(so what's the coffin for???:blink:)

Stephanie

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
How old are your kids???
20, 18, 16, 15, 14

(so what's the coffin for???:blink:)
Coffins are for corpses, and in the end this one is no different. I am thinkng about making it with shelves to be used as an upright curio or display cabinet until the end user, uses it. ;)

It's a prototype. I am not building it for anyone in particular in case you are wondering. I have been threatening to build caskets for about 4 years, if not longer, and I am just now getting around to it. :laughing:

·
Registered
404 Posts
20, 18, 16, 15, 14

It's a prototype. I am not building it for anyone in particular in case you are wondering. I have been threatening to build caskets for about 4 years, if not longer, and I am just now getting around to it. :laughing:
Hey Kev...How's that house comin'..??? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
johnep
2,140 Posts
A formidable female business aquaintance of mine is very proud of the burr coffee table she has made. I never really knew what a burr was until she explained it is a natural lumpy outgrowth with fascinating grain.

johnep

1 - 14 of 14 Posts