Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I havnt posted any new projects here for a while so here is one..
This is a mini carbide tool set that a local lady requested for her son she picked out the wood and I gave her some design help, but for some reason when it came time to pick them up she called and said she no longer needs them, but anyway
Here are the specs,
Both handles are PERSIMMON wood, each handle end has a different profile to identify the cutter type or to tell them apart I should say. This set is for the mini Ci2-R2 and the mini CI3 cutters. Finished with several coats of friction polish and a coat of wax.
I think they turned out great, and the persimmon makes a nice sturdy and heavy handle, and its fruity smelling while turning lol..
Anyway, what do you think? I currently have this set on WB for a trade but is also available to anyone here for a trade, I don’t need them as I have a full set of my own…

Attachments

·
7,222 Posts
Nice looking tools Dema. :thumbsup:

Frustrating when someone orders custom then changes their mind. :thumbdown:

I may be interested. What are you looking to get in trade?

I can generate a decent amount of iron oxide from my hand tool restorations, and always have a supply of sawdust in the shop vac and dust collector. :laughing:

I have wood, but may be expensive to ship.

I have a restored Stanley No. 5, presently working on a Stanley No. 7.

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice looking tools Dema. :thumbsup:

Frustrating when someone orders custom then changes their mind. :thumbdown:

I may be interested. What are you looking to get in trade?

I can generate a decent amount of iron oxide from my hand tool restorations, and always have a supply of sawdust in the shop vac and dust collector. :laughing:

I have wood, but may be expensive to ship.

I have a restored Stanley No. 5, presently working on a Stanley No. 7.
Dave, I have a trade in the pipeline on woodbarter, but I may hit u up for a tool trade, how's that??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts