Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just registered. Hello my name is Rudy, glad to be here. I am 47 and depressed, but I have decided that I would enjoy making things out of wood. I would like to make bird houses and dog houses. With this in mind, I go forth to the general discussion area. I hope to learn some things. As yet, I know very little. Maybe I can make some pet homes before I croak.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Rudy! Welcome! Pick your head up man! You're among friends here... When I was in high school I made a couple "custom dog homes" and sold them at my mom's craft show. There was a market for them then. That was 6 years ago, but pets are still big business. Good luck...

by the way this was all assuming your're making them to sell them!

Let us see the first one when your finished. Take care...

KC

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Hey that is great.As soon as I make a house, I will post pics. It might be awhile. Thanks again for the welcome, glad to be here.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Welcome,you'll like it here.Lots of good people and good advice.Ask anything and someone will have an answer for ya:thumbsup:.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome from West Michigan. Take heart & remember that there are others out there worse off than you. 'In everythung, always give thanks' It helps to focus on the positive.... (don't dwell on the negative)
Ron

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Thanks. They say Christ was a carpenter. I guess that makes wood a special substance to work with, and those that work with wood must be special as well.

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,677 Posts
Welcome rune,

Whether Christ was actually a carpenter or not has been debated since not long after His crucifixion. I say it don't matter. His Dad created the trees and everything else anyway. :icon_cheesygrin:

Dunno why you are depressed but it is never as bad as it seems. We've all been there. Anyone who says they haven't has a bad memory.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes

There is much to be depressed about, but wood can save us all. Wood is the key. It is amazing that there is so much wood. I often wonder why it has not run out. It seems as if there is an unlimited supply.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Welcome

Hey newbie here also, and welcome.
Christ and wood. Can't get any better than that.
Cheer up, your among friends.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi from southwest michigan, same here Ive been depressed also but its because of the job market in todays society. But I too turn to working in my shop, or sitting in boat fishing with my grandkids, it makes me forget bout things going on in this crazy world. You are amoung alot of good friends here and knowledgeable people, some get little giddy and crazy but we have fun. Good luck and keep your chin up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts