Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im 30 and have started doing some small stuff, I built a rustic OU ice chest for my brother in laws 30th birthday and then I bought a table top drill press at an estate sale (FOR 17.50!!!) And started watching Stumpy nubs.com videos and now I GOT THE FEVER!!!! Im saving for my wedding in November right now so ive only picked up a few things but after that.....LET THE SAW DUST FLY!!!!!!!! So im just trying to read and learn as much as I can

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Welcome!
From a "little " south of ya.
Dave H

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Welcome from SW Missouri. I was actually in Barnsdall last Friday. Hit Woodcraft in Tulsa on way back.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Welcome Aboard

Attachments

·
Curmudgeon in Training
824 Posts
Welcome, Ben,

Another Oklahoma sawdust maker here from just north of Tulsa. You will enjoy the forum and can't help but learn something from these guys,,,,,,,,,,,,, (not me,,,,,,,,, but the smart guys on the forum).

·
Registered
243 Posts
oklahomaben said:
Hey im 30 and have started doing some small stuff, I built a rustic OU ice chest for my brother in laws 30th birthday and then I bought a table top drill press at an estate sale (FOR 17.50!!!) And started watching Stumpy nubs.com videos and now I GOT THE FEVER!!!! Im saving for my wedding in November right now so ive only picked up a few things but after that.....LET THE SAW DUST FLY!!!!!!!! So im just trying to read and learn as much as I can
Welcome bro! I'm just south of the river from you. I'm about an hour from durant right off of 75. Definitely in a good place. These guys have given me a lot of good advice here.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
From NH - Welcome and congrats on the upcoming big day.

Unless you're marrying money... go easy on buying tools. Only buy the tools you need for the particular job you're doing.

If you're new to woodworking - start with simple joinery and build things for your workshop like a workbench, router table etc. Also - don't throw out your cutoffs, use them to practice more complicated joinery. I've been a serious woodworker for about 12 years now and I just used some scraps to try out dovetail joints on the table saw. I need to use up a few more pieces of scrap before I use those on furniture.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts