Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Woodworking Noob
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just stumbled across this site this morning. I am fairly new to woodworking, and was excited to find a forum dedicated to the subject. I plan on making a decent shop (with my wife's blessing of course...lol) in my two car garage. The only stipulation was she will still be able to park her car inside. I figured that was a fair compromise...:laughing:

I am planning on piecing my tools together as I can. One step at a time I suppose.

I have started on very simple projects. Bird houses and feeders at the moment. I figured it would be better to screw up a $5 worth of material project compared to a $200 project. Being as new to this as I am it isn't a matter of "If" I mess up. It's more like how many times will I mess up....:laughing:

look forward to being a member here. I will apologise ahead of time for some of the dumb questions I probably will have in the future... ;)

·
Curmudgeon in Training
824 Posts
It's more like how many times will I mess up....:laughing:
Holy Cow,,, I hope there's not a limit!!! I probably surpassed my "mess up quota" this past weekend.

Welcome, Maveric777. It's a good forum and you can't help but learn something from the guys here. There are a lot of sharp woodworkers that post here. Personally, I serve to educate the other forum members by being a bad example.

·
Woodworking Noob
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome, fellow Texan, and don't forget they make those Smart cars now. Ought to add at least 4' to your workspace over a regular car ;).
Now that is an awesome idea......:laughing:

Well I am very excited about getting involved in this. Just thinking of creating things with my hands that will be here long after I am gone is an inspiring thought. Hopefully I can eventually turn into half the craftsman as what have found on here (been looking at pics....;))

1 - 5 of 5 Posts