Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been perusing this forum for awhile.
Seems like a great group of talented people.

I spent about a decade as superintendent for a residential contractor, doing ridiculously huge houses for the uber wealthy.

A couple of years ago my wife and I started buying, renovating, and flipping/renting houses.

We recently rented a shop space and are still setting up... which allowed me to empty and promptly refill the garage! Found the forum while googling info about dust control

Always interested in learning more about the trade and this seems like a great "spot"

MERRY CHRISTMAS Everyone!
:smile:

Gonzo

·
Registered
834 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
12,931 Posts
Been perusing this forum for awhile.
Seems like a great group of talented people.

I spent about a decade as superintendent for a residential contractor, doing ridiculously huge houses for the uber wealthy.

A couple of years ago my wife and I started buying, renovating, and flipping/renting houses.

We recently rented a shop space and are still setting up... which allowed me to empty and promptly refill the garage! Found the forum while googling info about dust control

Always interested in learning more about the trade and this seems like a great "spot"

MERRY CHRISTMAS Everyone!
:smile:

Gonzo
Welcome. This is a great forum and I am sure that you will enjoy it. I like the part of the country that you are in.

I also like your new found occupation. Before I retired from the Air Force that occupation was one of the top choices that I had to make. A really good deal on a Feed & Seed store came calling, so I would up doing that instead.

George

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All- Thanks very much for the Welcome!

Captain Awesome- I'm in Summerville- right by Charleston

George- I like your area too! A LONG time ago, I spent some time around Pensacola/Mobile
The flipping/renting thing is great, but there are times I'd be envious of you being able to lock the door and leave! Seems like I can never do that.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Heck - you even get a warm welcome from a Yankee up here in NH. This is a great forum with lots of nice folks... sounds like you'll fit in

·
Registered
1,008 Posts

George- I like your area too! A LONG time ago, I spent some time around Pensacola/Mobile
The flipping/renting thing is great, but there are times I'd be envious of you being able to lock the door and leave! Seems like I can never do that.
Gonzo, good to know I've got another member nearby. I'm actually in Mt. Pleasant, and there is another member (chsdiyer) that is in town as well.

Let me know if you ever need any help locally. I actually used to work for a builder around here, and I have a long list of subcontractors I still use today.

·
Registered
12,931 Posts

I understand the problem with having rental units. I am long gone from the Feed Store (sold it in 1998) but still have two rentals that I have to keep an eye on.

George

1 - 10 of 10 Posts