Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in my early 30's, been doing little stuff my whole life but have really gotten into woodworking the last 2 years. That also happen's to coincide with when I built my garage/shop. I've aquired some of my dad's old tools and also bought a lot of my own. I'm a toolmaker by trade so I apply my machining skills to my woodwork. My friends tease me because when I am helping them frame stuff I use a mechanical pencil not a carpenters pencil. Hope to learn a lot from the members here.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Warm welcome from NH - feel free to ask questions and give us your thoughts - I think your background might help us every now and then. This is a great site.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio.
+1 on the mechanical pencil. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Toledo area woodworkers

I'm part of an online group of woodworkers call the Modern Woodworkers Association. It's not a guild, there are no fees. It's just a way for individuals or groups or guilds to get in tough with each other. I'm looking for woodworkers around my area, in Sylvania, OH. Please check out http://www.modernwoodworkersassociation.com/ for more information. There's a biweekly podcast on Itunes and over 600 current members sharing tips and tales from the shop on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.

Thanks!

Sean
MWA Toledo Chapter Head

·
Registered
834 Posts
Welcome! I have a few carpenters pencils in the shop but never seem to find a use for them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts