Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all you fellow woodworkers! I'm from central Indiana. Anderson area. I'm really, really new to this hobby but am absolutely enjoying it! I built my first table a few weeks back for a friend as a Christmas present and now I'm hooked! My wife is also hooked! She has a whole slew of things she wants built throughout the house from toy boxes to storage cabinets to a built-in for the linen closet. I'm all for it but finding the time and money is the hard part!

I'll attach a few pics of the table I built for everyone to pick it apart for me lol!

Btw I am an automotive service technician by trade.

Furniture Table Desk Wood Workbench

Furniture Table Desk Workbench Iron

Table Furniture Wood Iron Plywood

·
Making sawdust in MS
4,000 Posts
Welcome! Nice table. Yep, once the wife finds out your talent, look out. The list just grows and grows. Now that my kids have grown, the list is even bigger. But, IMO, that's the joy of it. Going to their houses, it is pretty neat to hear them say, "yeah my Daddy made that."

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Plenty of snow today! Prob a lil over a foot. More than we have had for a long time. I shoveled all the walks and both decks 4-5 times today and built a snow fort with my son. We had a good time.

·
The Old Fisherman
305 Posts
Welcome! Nice table. Yep, once the wife finds out your talent, look out. The list just grows and grows. Now that my kids have grown, the list is even bigger. But, IMO, that's the joy of it. Going to their houses, it is pretty neat to hear them say, "yeah my Daddy made that."
Not made but a few small items with my new tools but already have a list of projects. Really I think its just the wife trying to find things to justify the money I spent on the tools.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts