Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, please don't pick this apart too bad. I just got into this again, my last experience with this was while I was in high school over 25 years ago. Although last year I did build a toy box for my granddaughter. This is my first piece of furniture.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Well if you want us to pick it apart, give us more up close pics :blink:
Seriously, that piece is great, especially for a first just getting back to the hobby. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nooo noo I don't need any help picking it apart, I'm fairly critical with hindsight, just which I was a little more thoughtful through the process. :)

alchemist, it is Oak, with golden oak stain and a poly semi gloss finish.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Very nice!

It seems that even after 25 years you haven't missed a beat.

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,500 Posts
Looks great.

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
From here I don't see anything to pick apart. Even if I wanted to. Actually, It looks awesome :thumbsup:

Great job. It looks like the hobby welcomed you back with open arms. As do we, here at the forum.

·
where's my table saw?
28,751 Posts
agree to all the above

Not only does it look just great, it's a different approach of blending of cabinetry and Mission style slats. Very nice piece. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
You wouldn't want to see my first build, DON'T PICK ON YOURSELF.

You did good, you can always improve, but we can all say that.

Nice,

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Virtually all power tools, the original plans called for dado's on hardwood guides for the drawers, when I realized I screwed up and installed one of the vertical dividers upside down and backwards, which caused the guides for the right side of drawers to be off about one inch on the right side. I did use a hand plane to shave the guides off and opted for ball bearing drawer slides. Although that doesn't give me the accomplishment of "using hand tool" it does give me the " saved my a$$" feeling

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts