Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw some posts here while looking for info and thought I'd sign up.

Got into woodworking one day when I saw a magazine for custom closets and thought... I can do that. Of course, that meant I had to buy tons of new tools... And that continues today.

Still pretty new at this. Built some quick shop cabinets and one craftsman style bunkbed. Working on some cabinets for inside the house now.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in that gray area between Redmond, Woodinville, and Duvall. Moved out here from Florida a little over three years ago and have not looked back. :)

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Welcome from NH to a great forum. Lots of nice folks hang out here

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Welcome from the dry side of state-spokane valley.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Nice arlaghan, have you checked out hardwood industries in Woodinville? I bought wood from them a few times and they have goid prices, although someone told me they are now strictly only a wholesaler.

Im located in sammamish.

Jeremy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hardwood wha..?? You mean there's a place nearby? I've been driving to cross cut in SODO all this time!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey crusader, yeah that was the first project I took on after building my shop. I spent a lot of time reading and studying plans before I began. I purposely made the beds to match a craftsman desk plan I have because my wife liked it so much.

But before any of that, I am tackling some cabinets. It is a proof of concept to prove to myself I can do it. The construction went well, but I'm struggling with painting it. I think its just a lack of a good sprayer so I bought an HVLP today. Hope it turns out well. Here's a pic.

ForumRunner_20131001_215351.jpg

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Arlaghan, have you been to Compton Lumber? I stopped today for the first time. They have a LOT more wood than CrossCut and their prices seem to be a little bit better. They don't have quite as good a selection of exotics, by their domestic stock is impressive.

They're right around the corner from CrossCut.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Haven't been there. I will definitely take a look. Good thing I joined this forum, I would never have known about these places. Thanks for the tip!

-Alex

·
crosseyed & dyslexic
589 Posts
Yeah I was the one that went over to Hardwood Industries and talked to a fellow who told me they are wholesale only.
Comptons is good that's for sure, though the last few times I've been in the selection of QSWO was dismal. Check out Rocklers as they have pretty good sales on wood. Right now the sale is for
purpleheart and paduk for $6.00 a bf.

Nice looking cab there mister!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts