Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since I've been lurking for quite a while, I figure I may as well introduce myself :)

I'm Joe, currently working in the audiovisual world as a consultant. In my previous years (not long ago, as I'm 26), I worked for a cabinetry company, reworking the company from paper to electronic systems, so we could spend more time getting cabinets right than figuring out what someones hand written dimension was ;) Also did quite a bit of designing over the years, it became my primary function.

Over time, I've done various projects from making a dog bowl holder (long story) to a chess table my parents mainly use as a side table in the family room today :)

I'm also a first time (and very recent) homeowner, which means I'm effectively poor, and have crappy tools :laughing:. Most of my projects (whatever they end up being) will be for the house, since I really don't want to spend craploads of money at Ethan Allen (or similar) for something I could probably do myself. (Because I'm cheap).

Anyways... hello all :smile:

·
Member , noisy .
105 Posts
Welcome Joe ,

Pleased to meet ya and welcome to the board !

Keep your tool's sharp .
Don't rush .

And be careful of the new house syndrome ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi my name is ian, this is my first go, iam retired older type fello

:furious: hi, my name is ian, i am an older type fwellow, live in drumheller alberta, canada looking forward to talking to you all.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And be careful of the new house syndrome ...

Oh I definitely have to be worried about it - its a bit of a fixer upper :D

Originally built atleast (no exact date known just yet) 160yrs ago - all the original work is impeccable craftsmanship, the house is unbelievably plum. Work since then.... meh.

Welcome Joe. Alot of guys with crappy tools can outperform some guys with the best tools money can buy, so don't let that be an obstacle. ;)
I'll do my best, thats for sure, though I'll probably ask a number of "How can I do <something> without <some tool everyone uses>?" type questions :)

And hello to all jersey peoples!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok - I just wanted to say I just noticed how many Jersey people are in the Hunterdon County area - so... High Bridge here! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts