Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

As I've been lurking here for a few months, thought I'd finally introduce myself. I'm a UPS driver by trade from north central Massachusetts. A jack of all trades, but master of none, I was raised on a small farm with a Dad that was really the epitome of the classic ol' yankee farmer. The man could do more at 86 with arthritis, legally blind and with one hand tied behind his back, than I will probably ever be able to do.

We had a woodmizer and small shop that I enjoyed, tho underused as a misspent youth who couldn't wait to get out away from the farm, and now pines to get back to it.. LOL!! Now I really miss the table full of home raised beef and vegetables, especially the strawberries (we had 7 acres, our big seller).

My wife and I bought 10 and 1/2 acres two years ago, and have been getting settled in as this will be our forever home. As I type this there is a crew tearing off the roof of the garage to build a new great room for us, and there is a different crew building a Timber frame barn and workshop for me!! (I'm so freakin' excited for it!!) I'll post some pics if anyone is interested.

I have 3 boys, a 9 year old step son, and a 17 and 19 from my first marriage. Both my older boys went to the local tech school and majored in cabinetMaking. My 19yr, who was one of the top students, is now in College, hoping to replace on of his shop teachers who is retiring in a few years. I figured as a place I can putter in, they can use the shop to play and maybe start a business in, and I can learn a craft I've always admired, The new shop will also be a reason and a place for the boys to always come home for, and we can just have fun together. And as I've tried my best to teach my boys about life, I'm looking forward to them teaching this ol' dog how to turn raw wood into something of beauty, (tho as I'm sure, it will be really nice looking firewood..LOL)

Thanks for all I've learned here, there are many great people here that seam to love what they do, and are happy to share.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Forrest

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Welcome from a neighbor (Greenville NH). I have a sister in Luneneburg as I grew up in Leominster and married a Fitchburg girl 38 years ago.

Sounds like you've got a nice plan to keep your boys close to you. We have 4 sons and 5 granddaughters so life is great. I'm also a retired Teamster from local 633. I drove for Roadway out of Nashua and retired just over 4 years ago... loving every minute of it down in my workshop.

This is a great woodworking forum. I belong to several of them and find the folks here friendly and helpful. Welcome and enjoy...

·
Registered
834 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome!!

Bernie.. Congrats on retirement! I've got 10 years left with local 170. I don't want to wish it away, but I'm jealous!! LOL!!

Looking forward to all that this great forum here has to offer!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts