Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Ronny, I ran across this forum yesterday and jumped aboard immediately. I do a lot of river and swamp logging for sinker cypress and sinker pine. Deadheads, old growth, heart wood, sinkers, which ever one you want to call them. Me and my father has been doing this for a while and we love woodworking. Hopefully I can learn a lot from all of yall and show off some beautiful wood and projects.

·
Log dog
7,933 Posts
Hey your the S&S logging down there aren't you?
Laughing!!!! No I'm kidding .......no I'm not. Lol
Welcome to wood talk.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Welcome Aboard Ronny

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey your the S&S logging down there aren't you?
Laughing!!!! No I'm kidding .......no I'm not. Lol
Welcome to wood talk.
Unfortunately, Im not.:no: That show has been a joke ever since it came out. It puts a bad name on what we do as a hobby. They could at least exercise some safety.

·
Log dog
7,933 Posts
Duckhunter2007 said:
Unfortunately, Im not.:no: That show has been a joke ever since it came out. It puts a bad name on what we do as a hobby. They could at least exercise some safety.
I actually find that show entertaining, but I get what your saying.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I almost feel out of place here amongst all you southern folks:eek: :laughing:

Welcome from a Yankee. It's a great site you've joined.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome! Louziann is steady making a respectable showing here!

Where in LA are y'all? My shop is in Gonzales. I'm a Creole dark ages hand tooler :smile:

Welcome to WWT.

www.creoleproject.blogspot.com
Southwest Louisiana near the texas border. Our logging operation is right off of the Sabine River. I might have to stop by sometime, the wife and I are always heading that way to go to Cabela's or Bass pro to get out of town.

·
In History is the Future
6,423 Posts
Southwest Louisiana near the texas border. Our logging operation is right off of the Sabine River. I might have to stop by sometime, the wife and I are always heading that way to go to Cabela's or Bass pro to get out of town.
Any time, my shop is about 5 min from Cabela's.

I'd like to see that sinker stash! Are y'all sawing any other lumber also? Sell?

·
The New Guy
1,199 Posts
Oh, from Vinton? That's only about 15 minutes from me, if that. I'm in Sulphur. I don't have a cool welcome pic like cabinetman or bigcougar, but welcome aboard.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Any time, my shop is about 5 min from Cabela's.

I'd like to see that sinker stash! Are y'all sawing any other lumber also? Sell?
Actually we are planning on sawing roughly about 2000 bf at the end of next week, mostly cypress and a few pine (all sinkers).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts