Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Crafty
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife bought me a pretty nice mitre saw for Christmas. (Didn't bother wrapping it!) Double bevel, sliding, the works.

My task, build shelving that wraps around a corner with invisible mounts. Like this. I've got a general idea of how to get this done but like I said, I'm new to this aside from growing up helping a father who was always building or fixing something out in his shop.

So, where would you start? Anything you think will be tricky?

Thanks and I look forward to learning and sharing my future projects with everyone!

·
Registered
551 Posts
You won't have to miter the corners if you don't want to. You can butt the two sides together then attach the short side screwing through the back side of the longer piece. You can use a keyhole router bit to put mounting holes on the back side of each wing.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Carpenter & Joiner
254 Posts
Neat little project! Make sure the walls are are at right angles first or the mitres however accurate they may be will not fit the wall properly!

Walls are VERY rarely perfect, too!.. :O

Welcome!!

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Great idea about the keyhole bit....just gave me an idea..need to go to another thread now to post it LOL......don't want to hijack this one!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts