Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to up grade my old 10" Craftsman that I've had for twenty years or so. I want to up grade the fencing system. Should have done it twenty years ago. Which direction should I go.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The Delta T2 fence is popular. I have used this before on someone else's saw and it seemed to work well. A lot of people in this forum have that fence and can chime in. I personally am about to upgrade to the incra ls52-ts. I am doing this for accurate repeat-ability and decided that the price tag is worth it.

Have you decided what your budget will be?

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
The delta t2 and the vega fences are popular options that won't break the budget. Bisermeyer is probably your best option, but for that you'll pay considerably more.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah,I want the transfer to be as easy as possible. I was also looking at the Vega pro 50. But I really like the Ingra.

·
Registered
137 Posts
SIDDAVIS102 said:
Yeah,I want the transfer to be as easy as possible. I was also looking at the Vega pro 50. But I really like the Ingra.
If you meant the Incra, that's what I have. I love it. It's pricey, but there's never a question about the dimension of board you will produce.

I've made nothing but really precise mistakes since I got it :)

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, your input was very helpful. Incra it will be. I have the Incra miter 1000 and have loved it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
SIDDAVIS102 said:
Thanks, your input was very helpful. Incra it will be. I have the Incra miter 1000 and have loved it.
Just need to decide between the 52 & 32. All depends on the size cuts you want to make and how much shop space you have.

Good luck! Let me know how you like it. I hope to have mine in a few weeks.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, it will have to be a 32, because of shop space. I'll keep you posted, it will a week or so before I get it. KEEP SAW DUST FLOWING!! WORK SAFE!!

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
I like the Biesemeyer fence but do you really want to put a fence on it that is worth more than the saw.
The cheapest option being the Delta T2 at $179 is worth more than the saw yet theres thousands of these saws with upgraded fences. Getting ready to upgrade a couple myself!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
336 Posts
+1 for the incra, and the SE1000 miter gauge. I have had my incra fence for almost a year, and it is just great. The model I got for my 10 Craftsman is: INCRA TS-LS Table Saw Fence - 52"

I don't think you will be disappointed.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Since you have already made up your mind on the Inca, I won't tell you that adding a T2 to my old Craftsman made for a simple installation and very accurate cuts... but that's exactly what it did without breaking the bank. Turned a nearly useless saw (serious fence issues) into a fine machine.

IMO, you have to ask yourself what you intend using the saw to do before throwing a lot of money at it. Are you going into business and planning to use the saw as your shop work horse? Then by all means buy the very best you can afford.

OR...

Are you a "week end warrior" like me who does this for the love of creating things with your own hands? Then save a buck and get the T2. Its darn near a Biesemeyer at half the price. In fact its so close to the Bies its made by the same company.

Personal experience with the Vega says its wonderful once its installed, but a royal pain to get mounted. Put one on my FIL's saw and it was a serious PITA to get everything right.

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
I really hope Tool Barn gets some T2's in stock soon or Im going to be forced to go with a Vega.

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Johnnie, for the input. I work to please myself, so as long as my wife keeps working..... Sometimes I sell ,other time might make things for free. Nothing hisses me off more than something that doesn't work right. I have suffered long enough with this P. O.S.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I also have to give props to the Incra fence. I have it on my saw and really love it. I went form an old Delta saw and fence, that would barley cut anything straight, to my current Jet saw and Incra fence setup. It's like going from a Yugo to a Bentley.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts