Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure how much $$ I actually have in this as the 2 vices were picked up last year and no telling how long I've had most of the wood. The things I did buy was one sheet of 3/4 MDF & the 4 caster wheels. The top measures 30x60 and is two layers of 3/4 MDF that have been glued and brad nailed together. I cut one and rounded the corners. Then I over cut the 2nd one and used my pattern bit to make them match. That's the LAST time I use a pattern bit on MDF in the garage. I think my dust has dust on it.

The main body is birch plywood and some MDF as well. While I know it's not super heavy duty, it will work fine as a portable bench which will see most of its use as an assembly table.

Where I screwed up was I followed the plans I found. I should have made the legs taller so this could double as a indeed/outfeed table for the TS, not to mention I wish it was about 4" taller anyway. Live & learn I guess.

Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
That looks solid. I wish I would have put mine on some big casters like you did. Every time I have to move mine it about kills me.

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
snookfish said:
That looks solid. I wish I would have put mine on some big casters like you did. Every time I have to move mine it about kills me.
Mobility was a requirement for me due to limited space in the garage. I think I paid about $7 ea for the casters. I think they are like 300 lb each.

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts