Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ground the facets on my drum sander this time. I think I like that better than the flat disc. The flat disc works fine on the curved lid but was difficult on the larger flat areas. A 2 1/2" drum worked well for getting into the flat areas and still left a facet that looks about the same.
I took my propane torch and burned it slightly. Then I reduced the flame on the torch and burned one facet to make it easier to find the proper lid alignment.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Now that is something new to me. Under the lid and on the bottom, the green part, was it stamped or cut with a chisel?

Edit to add, I read your other post and you have already answered my question!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is done with a Chatter tool and then colored with a marker. You can get the chatter tools from your favorite wood turning store. You can also find instructions on how to build one by doing a google search for building a chatter tool.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Awesome box! Like the interesting and unique design and the wood burning added some character to it. The green artwork at the bottom and inside is a surprise. Excellent work!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Awesome looking design. I cannot wait to get my lathe projects going. I usually do furniture like stuff in the summer then when winter comes I have fun on the lathe. I might just try something like this

1 - 8 of 8 Posts