Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Creator of Sawdust
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
8 yrs ago my bride and I made the move from the Northeast to St Augustine FL and when we did my 2-1/2 car garage wood shop shrunk to a 1 car stall. Needless to say space has since been at a premium and I've had to re examine my layout and storage among other things. Under my assembly bench ( I built out of Philippine mahogany) was a large void that did nothing but collect sawdust. About 8 mos ago, I saw a youtube video of a guy who built a cassette of drawers for his assembly bench. I modified that plans and measurements to fit mine. The frame and drawers are built primarily from 3/4 Birch sheet stock. The reason for the different shade on the two large drawers is because initially I expected to stain the drawer fronts like the bench, but after I assembled them, I liked the contrast so much, I just poly'd them natural. 2 drawers are domestic birch and the others are Indonesian Birch. Not sure which is which. Drawers are inset with false fronts and full extension slides are used on all the drawers. The results are below. I finished it a couple of mos ago and still haven't filled all the drawers.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts