Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Extraordinaire
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the vanity finished for the bath remodel.

Phillipine Mahogany construction. Full extension drawer slides under the drawers. Semi-Gloss Poly sprayed finish :smile:

The top will be Carrerra Marble slab to match the floor tile with double undermount sinks. Fixtures will be Oil Rubbed Bronze.

The pictures really don't do it justice :thumbdown:

Foot Detail...

Attachments

·
Extraordinaire
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the nice comments!

One thing that I don't know if I'm happy with are the drawer slides. we used full extension "soft close" slides, which are really meant to be installed on the sides of the drawers. They don't seem stiff enough to support a full drawer, so I'm probably going to swap them out for the more basic undermount version. We'll see...

·
Registered
36 Posts
we used full extension "soft close" slides, which are really meant to be installed on the sides of the drawers.

Back when I worked in the cabinetry biz (design side), we used salice's smove - had great results with doors and drawers alike. Whose did you use?

Btw... FANTASTIC work.

·
Extraordinaire
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used Accuride. Not very happy with them right now...we'll see.

·
Extraordinaire
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, are most of these slides interchangeable? Will I have to modify the casework to get another slide to fit in the place of the Accuride?

TIA.

Jeff.

·
Registered
36 Posts
So, are most of these slides interchangeable? Will I have to modify the casework to get another slide to fit in the place of the Accuride?

TIA.

Jeff.

Lucky for you, the Blumotion Tandems (iirc) are almost dead-on equal in requirements to the Accurides. Double check the measures, but I doubt you'd need to make any modifications. I'm sure Blum has specs up to compare, but I think you're pretty safe.

If it was another slide type (like an older side or undermount or some such), you would have an issue. But these are pretty similar.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Nice work! I like the flutes, that's going to look sweet with the marble.

You're right about most photos not doing work justice. It's the flash that kills it, next time try using ambient light without the flash on. ie: a couple well placed work lights and a steady hand.

·
Extraordinaire
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's been a while, but the vanity is now in it's new home :thumbsup:

I adjusted the accurides, and they're doing better now.

Here's the finished result, as well as some other shots of the bathroom reno.

Attachments

·
Registered
623 Posts
back to the earlier pics - I love the gold/butter color of drawer sides.

great work. keep the pics for resume.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts