Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Craftsman model #28190 fixed base router. This is the red, 2-1/4 HP model in their new router line.

Does anyone know if the sub-base for these new Craftsman routers matches a sub-base from better-known routers such as Bosch, Porter-Cable, DeWalt, Makita, Milwaukee, etc? I'd like to purchase a couple of new accessory items (router table mounting plate and an offset sub-base) for this router, and I'd like to order them from the manufacturer pre-drilled for the mounting screws.

I don't claim to be an expert but I have been using routers for 20 years on a variety of simple to mid-range projects. So far I am satisfied with this router. In the past, my routers have included a PC 690 with multiple bases and a DeWalt 2-1/4 HP fixed base unit. I think this unit, apparently built for Sears by a smaller Chinese company, compares favorably, especially when the cost differential is considered. My only negative thought might be that it probably wouldn't stand up as well over time as units from Bosch, Milwaukee, DeWalt, etc. in a full-tilt production shop environment. It is, however, far superior to Craftsman routers from the past.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts

don't know about the base of new router #28190 craftsman I am thinking of buying new router am doing a little research i need the full model number example 123. 9026062 to see if parts can be had thanks for any help

R.McDonald

·
Registered
803 Posts
"Craftsman" and "router" for me at least, go together like "cuisine" and "McDonalds".

I hope it works out in your favor. Let us know the results.:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts