Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, i am new to this site, not to mention woodworking/woodturning alltogether. I have such a passion for wood but the only thing i have ever done is whittle a spoon or two. I really want to start making it a main passion of mine, and i need to get some machines and start working. The trouble is i dont know where to start. So if anyone has any reccomendations or advice at all for someone who doesnt know a thing about anything and doesnt even know really where to begin, i would appreciate it so much. I realize this is very broad but id apprciate any help! thanks again!

·
Just call me Sir
287 Posts
Im not sure how you get a passion for something you have never done before, you say woodwork and turning, the 2 maybe 2 do with wood but are a lot different from each other.
Machines cost money we can tell you loads of diff machines to get for all sorts of woodwork and turning, it wood help to know more of what you really want to get into, or we could be here for months, alsorts of prices. you need to define your wants a little more, wittleing a spoon or 2 does not really do much. There is a vast amount of machines and tools out there.
1.Big question where is your passion pointing you.
2. What sort of money you want to start with.
get back with that and guys can start and maybe give some help. LB..

OH Welcome to the forum...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts