Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in business development with Avery Dennison Performance Tapes and we have developed a new adhesive tape specifically for woodworkers. If you would like a "free" sample, please let me know. The first 20 people to request it will get one to try at no cost. (I'll pay the postage too) We would like to have feedback from real woodworkers to support the release.

The tape has one side that holds firmly to your router template and the other that holds to the work piece. When you pull the template off after routing the edge, it removes cleanly with no residue to clean up like with carpet tapes and other double faced materials.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I am in business development with Avery Dennison Performance Tapes and we have developed a new adhesive tape specifically for woodworkers. If you would like a "free" sample, please let me know. The first 20 people to request it will get one to try at no cost. (I'll pay the postage too) We would like to have feedback from real woodworkers to support the release.

The tape has one side that holds firmly to your router template and the other that holds to the work piece. When you pull the template off after routing the edge, it removes cleanly with no residue to clean up like with carpet tapes and other double faced materials.
I'd try it but ...you won't get many responses without a contact point - email address or whatever. No one can send you a PM......

·
Registered
909 Posts
Sounds like a nice product. I can try it out for you if you want amateur woodworker opinions. If this is targeted to large volume shops you can skip me. Any parameters in particular you want feedback on?

·
amateur
235 Posts
I'd try it but ...you won't get many responses without a contact point - email address or whatever. No one can send you a PM......
Andrew, you need to get your post count up before all the features of the site are available.

For what its worth, I'll take a sample. Just PM me :laughing:

Greg

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,500 Posts
Actually I would love a sample also.

Currently I use two double stick tapes. (Actually one is double stick without the tape and typically used in aircraft to hold the carpet in place.)

The double stick with out tape is used mainly to hold things in place for a permanent solution. Because this double stick glue works so well, I've not attempted to use it in a template application.

The tape that gets used the most is a commercial carpet tape about 1/2" wide and a roll end. The real problem with this tape is that when really pressed down, removal can delaminate Baltic Birch and / or Melamine. I have to resort to using lacquer thinner to soften the glue when removing the template from the work.

Reactions: motthunter

·
Registered
885 Posts
well you dont have your 20 yet so count me in for trying a sample and giving a review, But as already noted you need to provide contact info

·
MAking Sawdust
2 Posts
why free

I am sorry as a new guy to this forum, I am not super efficient at using it. Can someone explain why some were able to PM me the address and others can't? I don't want to post my e-mail address here to avoid the spam machine. What is the best way to get addresses to me without risking your security?

As for the question about why this is free, it is only short sample rolls and we do want more market feedback on the tapes performance. We think this is an ideal product for the market with great value and I'm sure that after you test it, you will want to add it to your tool kit for all new work.

Also, we have 6 other products to announce too for woodworkers.

·
Registered
909 Posts
You need 25 posts to send/receive private messages. Otherwise the little notifications you can send are semipublic. You could set up a throwaway email account to be contacted by, I suppose?

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,500 Posts
You need 25 posts to send/receive private messages. Otherwise the little notifications you can send are semipublic. You could set up a throwaway email account to be contacted by, I suppose?
OR

Post your e-mail address as something like:

This is me and I'm at mail server dot something

Translation
[email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Folks,

My name is Akhil, and I am a product manager with Avery Dennison. I was looking for online forums with our product, and I came across this. Can anyone confirm whether they ever received samples of the product? Please do let me know ([email protected]), and I can arrange for you to receive samples. In addition, we have both, our Woodworking tape (aimed at template attachment) as well as our Veneer mounting tape available online at Amazon.com, as well as Woodcraft stores. Feel free to message me with any questions. Thank you!

Best Regards,
Akhil Kejriwal
Product Manager - Avery Dennison Performance Tapes

1 - 18 of 18 Posts