Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this bench the other day and put a larger MDF board that I had on top of it. I used MDF scraps on all sides to hold it in place. The height is adjustable and I can adjust the height to use it as an infeed/outfeed table for the table saw or as support for both the chop saw and the planer. I haven't tried to see if it will go high enough for the bandsaw or the drill press, but I am still happy if it won't work for either of them.

It has a hand crank to raise and lower the top, but the MDF I put on top won't allow the crank to turn freely. I removed the crank, and tried some hex bits and a 10 mm hex bit, (that is mounted in a 3/8" socket), fits in the hole the crank came out of. I added a 3/8" to 1/4" adapter and can now use a cordless drill to raise and lower the top.
Table Wood Rectangle Hardwood Gas
Saw Table Wood Workbench Machine tool

I am a happy camper. ;)

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice!

I am curious about your planer stand.
I'm guessing you are wondering about the base. Let me know if I am wrong. It's a moveable base. I looked at a lot of ways to make it moveable on youtube and decided that I didn't want to have to move each wheel up and down separately. Here is one example of how to do this. I evidently didn't save the link to the one I used. I made mine attach to the stand, but the linked one is seperate. I don't remember now why I chose one over the other. I should mention that, at ~100 lbs, I should have doubled the plywood pieces that the wheels connect to because it flexes a bit more than I would prefer. Let me know if I can help further.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts