Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Not too long ago, at the very longest, August, someone( sorry I forgot who) asked the same question. From what I remember, it was a pretty good thread. Lots of info.

I know little about them but I do know the vega name. They are written as being the gold standard from what I understand. There deffenitly not cheap but, nothing about turning is cheap!

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
BigJoe16 said:
Not too long ago, at the very longest, August, someone( sorry I forgot who) asked the same question. From what I remember, it was a pretty good thread. Lots of info.

I know little about them but I do know the vega name. They are written as being the gold standard from what I understand. There deffenitly not cheap but, nothing about turning is cheap!
It was me. And i ended up buying the vega dupicator .. I love it but spent around $300. And that's for the midi lathe :)
I recommend it..

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I own the big vega for my powermatic. Don't use it much but it's a very good machine. I was able to duplicate parts to extreme accuracy. It's easy to use and well built. I would highly recommend them. I have not turned on lesser expensive units so I don't know how they stack up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.