Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I acquired a 1993 K&F 10" table saw. Model #: 10104D. I'm needing a blade, more gauge, fence assembly & knob that screws into the blade height wheel.

Can ANYONE help me find a parts catalog or anything for this saw please

Model: 10104D
10amps 2hp 115volts 60hz
4800rpm
07/1993

·
Interested Observer
1,176 Posts
Post an image of the saw. Never heard of K&S and a simple search just brought up a metal cutting saw. Maybe it is a common saw that is relabled and sold by K&S and fences and rails from other brands will fit. Hard to know without seeing the saw.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
the blade is no problem.
the miter gauge is - by slot width - fairly standard.
the fence system could be exceeding problematic - that triangular shape front rail appears on a number of "old" saws but finding one is tricky.

looks like it sold under various brand names - here's a ToolStar:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the info and of course ha, because the fence system is the most important item for me to acquire. Even a "universal one" would be great

·
Registered
706 Posts
I had bought a version of that saw from Hechingers in the late 1980’s for under $100. As mentioned above it was sold under many different names. You may be able to find a fence for it on eBay.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
That is definitely a jobsite saw

Sawblades are pretty standard, nearly any 10 inch blade should work, just depends on what you need to do (rip, crosscut, etc). Miter slots are somewhat standard, with most saws having miter slots that measure 3/8"x3/4", and most miter gauges are made to fit said slot size. Measure your slots to be sure. A knob for the height adjustment wheel shouldnt be hard, honestly you can make one yourself with a properly sized bolt and a wooden dowel. Put a hole through the dowel large enough to fit the bolt, screw the bolt into the wheel, done.

The fence is going to be the tricky part. Honestly, probably better to just upgrade to an aftermarket fence like a delta t2, or you could make one:How To Make A Table Saw Fence

·
where's my table saw?
29,440 Posts
I acquired a 1993 K&F 10" table saw. Model #: 10104D. I'm needing a blade, miter gauge, fence assembly & knob that screws into the blade height wheel.

Can ANYONE help me find a parts catalog or anything for this saw please

Model: 10104D
10amps 2hp 115volts 60hz
4800rpm
07/1993

It's too old to find anything for it, especially a fence. It's not worth spending any money on for that reason. If you just want to fix it, and "limp" along with that's up to you, BUT beware ripping without some sort of fence is very dangerous. As others have said, portable = jobsite, they are the same. A lightweight saw that you can carry around is NOT a real woodworker's table saw. It's just not accurate enough, an in it's present condition more of a liability.
I would recommend not using it, saving up some money and get a cast iron top table saw.

·
Registered
706 Posts
This looks like it may be a current version of that saw. You may want to measure the table top of your saw and then measure the display model at HF. If it’s a match you may be able to order a replacement fence from HF.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That is definitely a jobsite saw

Sawblades are pretty standard, nearly any 10 inch blade should work, just depends on what you need to do (rip, crosscut, etc). Miter slots are somewhat standard, with most saws having miter slots that measure 3/8"x3/4", and most miter gauges are made to fit said slot size. Measure your slots to be sure. A knob for the height adjustment wheel shouldnt be hard, honestly you can make one yourself with a properly sized bolt and a wooden dowel. Put a hole through the dowel large enough to fit the bolt, screw the bolt into the wheel, done.

The fence is going to be the tricky part. Honestly, probably better to just upgrade to an aftermarket fence like a delta t2, or you could make one:How To Make A Table Saw Fence
With that size motor and not knowing the saws history I would stick with 'thin kerf' blades. Freud makes a great one. It's called Glue Edge thin kerf rip. And it lives up to it's name. Very seldom do I have to break out my 71/2 Stanley to joint the edges.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts