Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, I just bought a 1976 Delta Rockwell Drill Press, model number 15-081, for $95.00 at an auction. I need part number DP-264, called the spindle sleeve, it has one but is is broken. The 15-080 is the same model, just a bench top. I have a picture attached.. Anyone have that part, know where I can get it.
Thanks
Zeek

Attachments

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I'm not sure you have the right part number. I looked at the exploded drawing for that DP on ereplacementparts.com and 3everything had a part number that was about 12 digits long. I did find one thing called a "sleeve" for $432, part #69! (guess they have to make it from scratch...as in starting with iron ore :laughing:) I know this isn't much, if any, help...so all I can do is wish you luck. One thing you might try (if you have the missing section) is to see if a machine shop can repair the OEM part.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
It's only a gues, but maybe the part number you have on that manual is the original Rockwell part #, and the ones I found at Ereplacment parts (yours is a helluva lot easier to see :thumbsup:) are what they became after Delta worked it over (?). If you haven't joined OWWM, you might do so and ask those guys, they've done some pretty fantastic workarounds for some of those parts. Wish you the best!

·
where's my table saw?
29,626 Posts
**** luck finding that part .....

Howdy, I just bought a 1976 Delta Rockwell Drill Press, model number 15-081, for $95.00 at an auction. I need part number DP-264, called the spindle sleeve, it has one but is is broken. The 15-080 is the same model, just a bench top. I have a picture attached.. Anyone have that part, know where I can get it.
Thanks
Zeek
I would get down to my friendly machine shop with the part in hand and ask if they can replace the missing section by welding or heat shrinking into the existing gear. Unless there are internally machined splines it should be any easy fix. :yes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts