Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and gentlemen....

I'm building a hollow fireplace mantle that will house the components for our entertainment center. The box will be furniture ply. I need some help with accessing the components from the front. I'm thinking drop down vertical flush doors for access but I'm not versed in the type of hardware I need. I would want something that has friction or hydraulic to keep the door from dropping. I may put spring loaded magnetic latches at the top so there won't be any hardware showing. Any ideas? The doors will be about 20"w x 5"t. Thank You!

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
Ladies and gentlemen....

I'm building a hollow fireplace mantle that will house the components for our entertainment center. The box will be furniture ply. I need some help with accessing the components from the front. I'm thinking drop down vertical flush doors for access but I'm not versed in the type of hardware I need. I would want something that has friction or hydraulic to keep the door from dropping. I may put spring loaded magnetic latches at the top so there won't be any hardware showing. Any ideas? The doors will be about 20"w x 5"t. Thank You!
This might be small enough to fit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts