Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opportunity to purchase a powermatic 66-ta saw. I have't seen it in person but It sounds like the guy just needs to get rid of it because he is moving. He is only asking $650 for it. Is this deal to good to be true or not. Also I do not currently have 220v outlet, but I know an electrician who can install it for me for $150. What do you think?

http://peoria.craigslist.org/tls/4292653866.html

Attachments

·
Registered
26,202 Posts
You will need either 3 phase power or a converter in addition to 220v.
Your right, I missed the three phase. Still at that price he could change the motor to a single phase motor if he didn't want to go the route of a phase converter and it would be a good deal.

·
Registered
187 Posts
popwermatic 66

I'd jump on that thing as quick as possible. I've used many saws and my 66 is by far the best I've used. Smooth, quiet, accurate and lots of power (I too have the 5hp). I'd just get a new 5hp motor and have my electrician install it. He may be able to get you a motor too. I had a full time shop with a 14" 5hp, 3 phase table saw that I sold when I quit the full time business and the friend I sold it to bought a new 5hp single phase from, I believe, Woodmaster and got a great price on it; definitely cheaper than a convertor or 3-phase wiring.

Good luck,

Bandman

1 - 6 of 6 Posts