Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, hello to everyone. I hope someone can help me with a problem I'm having using a finger joint router bit. I am making a box to hold a chain saw for a good friend, and I am trying to finger joint a couple of boards to make them the right width for the sides. The problem is, is that when I set the bit up per instructions, and make the cuts the way they are recommended, they won't even up. If I can get them close I could just run them through my planer to even them up, but I'd rather take the time and do it right first off. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Welcome to the site Howdal!
Some pics might help folks to understand what you are trying to do.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I don't need a picture to know what your talking about. I bought a bit and could never get it to work right. I followed the instructions and even called the tech line. I finally sent the bit back and cut them on a table saw or router table now.

So I am looking forward to seeing what some the these guys have to say about this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HELLO...Everybody!

I read some posts earlier and just found out I know even less than I thought I knew (comment does make sense to me). Boy, there's a lot to this woodworking "stuff"!
Anyway, I know I can learn something from all of you...so I'm grateful to have access to this forum; excited and I'm glad to be here.

·
Registered
384 Posts
HELLO...Everybody!

I read some posts earlier and just found out I know even less than I thought I knew (comment does make sense to me). Boy, there's a lot to this woodworking "stuff"!
Anyway, I know I can learn something from all of you...so I'm grateful to have access to this forum; excited and I'm glad to be here.
Welcome to the forum
Yea, you can learn a lot in here. In fact I've learned more then I've forgotten.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts