Woodworking Talk banner

need help with bar top finish

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Big Dave 
#1 ·
I am building a bar out of maple, Brazilian cherry and paduka. What i am looking for is a product that is very hard and durable but it also must be a UV protecting and it must not yellow. If anyone would know of a product that fit this criteria it would help me out very much. Thank You

#6 ·
Table Top Epoxy

For Clear Coating
Try this stuff. I've used it time and time again and have never had any problems. It's more UV resistant than the standard 2 part epoxy. These are some photos of a bar I just finished. Nakashima at Hooters It takes a while to dry, but is rock hard, and drys with a wet look. Hope this helps.

Brad​

how does this stuff work on profiles like this

and on the edges since it is self leveling

#7 ·
I work with the epoxy all the time. I've never put it on a surface with a routered edge but have put it on my slab bar tops and edges. I have to coat the edges first with a brush and let them sit over night and then do a flood coat on the whole surface and pull the finish over the edges with a brush to coat them a second time. If you don't then the edges look thin and not as thick as the top.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.