Woodworking Talk banner

Need help to "tune up" Delta table saw

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  farmall 
#1 ·
Hello fellow woodworkers. I recently bought a used Rockwell Unisaw. When adjusting the height of the blade it is difficult to turn. It takes 2 hands. Does anyone have any tips for me to do a tune-up, just to check things out? My wife is interested in starting to do some projects and just want to make sure things are accurate, easy to use and safe.

Thanks

#3 ·
is the height control "locked"?

If there is build up of old sawdust and resin on the threads you will have a difficult time with the height and angle adjustments. If possible turn it over and clean the threads and gears wiith a solvent like brake cleaner and blow out the dust. Then give it a light coat of light oil or silicone on the threads. You'll be surprised how much difference that will make. :yes:

#6 ·
Wow. That really helped out. I vacuumed/ blew them out, sprayed some brake clean, ran them back and forth a few times, puffed a little graphite on the threads and they work great. Thanks for the advice. I have 2 of these saws. The other one worked pretty good but I did that one too. Now, I need to get some blades sharpened and we will be in business!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.