Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I came across this forum as I was doing some research on some wood I found at one of my projects. Just for some clarification, I work for a large demolition company here in the US (based out of Charlotte, NC). We are tearing down an automated warehouse, and a large conveyor system.

We have pulled out a large amount of these wood "boards" which I cannot seem to get a name for, or understanding of what to do with (other than dispose of).

These boards are 1.25" Thick, 52" Long & 44" Wide. They have rounded corners, and each board has a metal plate stamped in with a number and a bar code. We have over 20,000 individual units right now, and I would like some advice on what they are, and what are my options in terms of selling them, etc.

This is my first post, and I apologize if this is in the wrong section / am not following proper protocol.

[/url]

·
Registered
885 Posts
Well you can't identify the type of wood based on the size of the board. Post some pictures at least

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any ideas as to what its worth, or who buys product like this? I have 20,000+ boards.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I was given a pile of boards just about what you have there. The boards that were given to me were something that were pallets for some kind for shipping?? First thing I found out about them is that what ever they were put together with was interior glue. Anything I used them for that was outside they just came apart. At the time I was building a building so I used them for the floor. The only problem I found was after the building was built that the thickness of each board was a little different from each other so they didn't make for a very good floor. The pictures and sizes just look a lot like what I had but who can tell from a picture so don't go by what I am saying. They are nice heavy duty boards and I am sure someone would have a use for them. I still have a few left over that I am trying to think of a use for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts