Woodworking Talk banner

Need help finding a part

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Steve Neul 
Give brazing new gear tips on a try. They look like they are slightly angled, but regular shaped teeth.
What came to my mind immediately was to use a Harbor Freight chain saw sharpener to grind the new teeth uniformly. It's adjustable for angle and depth, exactly what you need. I'm no machinist, but I dabble in DIY projects like this occasionally when I "rescue" some old iron. An actual machinist, could probably offer a less expensive repair than your first quote. I'd shop around, but I know all the local machine shops around here are pretty swamped with work. Show up in person with your part in hand and start a conversation with the boss or the manager who may be able to put someone on it. Another idea is a college welding or machine shop where students are always anxious to try their new skills. My son took Automotive Technology at a community college and he "aced" all the classes. Check that out as well.

I recently watched a You Tube video on brazing on new teeth, then hand filing them. to shape.Can't recall which of these it was:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.