Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new here, and am hoping someone can give me some help.

My Father in law passed away, and one of the things he left me was his very old table saw. It is small and works fine and served him well for many many years, but is missing the miter gauge. After going through everything in the garage it just isn't there.

I'd like to buy a Rockwell, Delta Homecraft Miter Gauge for the table saw, but what I've seen on eBay and a few other places don't fit in the slot on the table, and will hit the blade. What I have is a saw table with a 1/2" wide slot that is about 3/16" deep. The width of the miter gauge needs to be 6" or less across at the widest part so the blade won't hit it. Does anyone know where I could go to find such a thing? He probably bought it in 1950's or 1960's, though it may not have been new even then.

Thanks,
Steven

Attachments

·
where's my table saw?
31,303 Posts
Reactions: Novice88

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Never heard of the brand. Sorry to hear of the loss in the family. Clean up the saw and give a good once-over to make sure everything is in working order. Should last a lot more years plus the sentimental value is priceless.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Never heard of the brand. Sorry to hear of the loss in the family. Clean up the saw and give a good once-over to make sure everything is in working order. Should last a lot more years plus the sentimental value is priceless.

Homecraft was Rockwell/Deltas "competitive" product, pretty good equipment that could compete against Sears and Monkey Wards prices

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.