Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I'm not displaying poor decorum here... but I'd like an opinion on these tools. I know Jet has a great reputation and this seems like a great deal. I need the saw and joiner but I have really got room for the dust collector.

I'm not sure of the models of everything but this is the add, if the link doesn't work, the descriptions is below in italics.

What do you think?

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=173&subAreaID=&query=table+saw&catAbb=sss

Jet 2hp 220 volt 10" right tilt cabinet saw. Approx. 10 years old

Jet 6" 3/4hp 110/220 volt joiner. Approx. 10 years old

Grizzly 2hp 110/220 volt dust collector. Never has been used.

Brand new extra set of joiner blades.

About $200 worth of never used dust collection piping fittings and accessories.

All idems are in good working condition
$1100 or best offer

·
Registered
26,983 Posts
I would offer eight or nine hundred for it. I think you could get the package new for about $1700. If you plan to work hardwood I think you will be unhappy with the 2hp cabinet saw and want to upgrade the motor to 3hp.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I agree with Steve, except I'd probably not go above $700 for the package ((I'm a left tilt guy myself) and you will not have to wait very long before you decide to bite the bullet for a motor. Go to the Jet site and see what a new 3 hp motor goes for and you may give some thought to holding out for a saw that is already 3hp.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks again guys.

I think I'm going to wait and try to find something closer to what I want (or need). I'm not opposed to upgrading my electrical service to accommodate new tools but it would have to be a good enough deal to warrant it. However I do want avoid a right tilt saw. I don't really see the benefit to it (for my needs).

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Why do you have to have a 3hp saw? Most guys on here are doing great work with 1.5hp motors.....

1100 seems like a decent deal for all of that.....I'd see if you could get it all for 7-800

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya, a 3 HP saw is WAY more than I need not to mention the expense of adding 220 to my shop. I'm looking for something a bit more modest now. Don't get me wrong, if I stumble across a great deal I'll jump on it, but I'm just trying to find a good reliable saw with the features I need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts