Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a Husky stainless steel workbench for Christmas and I use it all the time since the weather has warmed up. Only problem is that it doesn’t have a vise and I have to keep running to my shop every time I need one. The top doesn’t have a lip to use a clamp-on-vise which is too bad because I have a couple of those types.
Update: After thinking about it, I decided to cut a piece of plywood a couple of inches wider and glue on a 1x2 around it to keep it in place and also give me a lip to clamp things. I guess I'll probably just use one on my clamp-on vises.
I wish I could delete this thread so sorry about the waste of time.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just in case you want a better vise, this is a bit pricey, but I read good reviews.

http://www.woodcraft.com/product/2085347/40404/rockwell-rk9006-benchjaw-handsfree-bench-vise.aspx
Wow thanks Dave, that’s some Vise and I really like that it can be easily removed from the bench.

I looked it up on YouTube to get a better idea of what it actually looked like and I may get one for my actual shop.

It would be kind of a waste to use on my patio. I just tinker with things on the patio and save the more serious stuff in the shop.

·
7,222 Posts
Wow thanks Dave, that’s some Vise and I really like that it can be easily removed from the bench.

I looked it up on YouTube to get a better idea of what it actually looked like and I may get one for my actual shop.

It would be kind of a waste to use on my patio. I just tinker with things on the patio and save the more serious stuff in the shop.
Happy to provide the information. I am tempted to get one myself. I would just need to find some space on the bench. Too much clutter. :laughing:

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Happy to provide the information. I am tempted to get one myself. I would just need to find some space on the bench. Too much clutter. :laughing:
I think it might be too high for my work bench in the shop. It’s only 32” high.

My patio bench is 37” High but the top is too small. :smile:

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.