Woodworking Talk banner

Need a new skill saw

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  jschaben 
Skil Saws

I have to agree the base is the most important part of the saw. A solid aluminum base will slide along a guide board for more accuracy and another thing the thin metal bases tend to climb out of the board you are sawing. Even when you set your saw to the right depth. They are made for light plywood and using a guide board. They still have a habit of riding up on your guide and messing up a piece of ply wood.
I have an old and I mean old Milwaukee saw that weighs a ton. I have had experienced carpenters pick up the saw. They tried it and liked its straight tracking. There complaint is that it was to heavy and wears out a guys arm. Your only having to hang onto the saw and guide it not pick it up and hold it all day is what I told them. Its kind of nice that nobody ever grabs up my saw. You can't find them like that today. This was my fathers saw. I still love it. :yes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.