Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I been wanting to build a simple carving bench for myself for a while been working in 2 areas an its time to put it all in one now here is a pictures of the old areas

Attachments

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now here is what I came up with so far, its just a prototype for right now. The wife said I can use my rejected wood I usely give away to new wood workers an yes it does tilts. Its not done yet got to drill some holes an make a few cabinets for it also to hold the carving tools

Attachments

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is an update on the bench so far got to make some drawers for the cabinet next week

Still need to find a tail vice for this carving bench

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is an update on the bench so far got to make some drawers for the cabinet next week

Still need to find a tail vice for this carving bench
Great work Roy!
It is great to see you on this board also.:thumbsup:
I am looking for plans for a small carving bench that I can keep on the front porch at the senior / handicapped housing I live in. Coffee table by night and carver's bench by day. Any ideas Roy???

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great work Roy!
It is great to see you on this board also.:thumbsup:
I am looking for plans for a small carving bench that I can keep on the front porch at the senior / handicapped housing I live in. Coffee table by night and carver's bench by day. Any ideas Roy???

Only thing I can say is make it to you , measure to your knees an add 5 inches make it a little wide not so deep, you can always use hold down clamps for the work pieces

·
Registered
3 Posts
Only thing I can say is make it to you , measure to your knees an add 5 inches make it a little wide not so deep, you can always use hold down clamps for the work pieces
Thank you for the help Roy. Things have drastically changed in our housing since we last spoke.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts