Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a great deal on a Craftsman 113.298032 table saw. Included a couple cast iron wings on the left and a router table on the right. Everything runs great and over all is in good shape but it was missing the rip fence.

I did some searching here and most of the posts about similar saws were pretty old so I'm asking to see if there are any updated recommendations for aftermarket fence options. It would be nice if what ever system I finally get could also be used as a fence for the router wing as well.

I did find some replacement used fences on Ebay. To me it doesn't make sense to spend almost $200 for a used fence fence rather than getting a new system, so I'm looking for options.

·
where's my table saw?
32,276 Posts
I got a great deal on a Craftsman 113.298032 table saw. Included a couple cast iron wings on the left and a router table on the right. Everything runs great and over all is in good shape but it was missing the rip fence.

I did some searching here and most of the posts about similar saws were pretty old so I'm asking to see if there are any updated recommendations for aftermarket fence options. It would be nice if what ever system I finally get could also be used as a fence for the router wing as well.

I did find some replacement used fences on Ebay. To me it doesn't make sense to spend almost $200 for a used fence fence rather than getting a new system, so I'm looking for options.
A fence requires that it slide along and lock to the existing rails.... if there are any?
It may be more difficult to find one that fits your rails, I donno?
Check Ebay before getting a new one OR be prepared to spend from $150 to 300 for a complete system.
Amazon, Mikes Tools, CPO tools, and reviews of "Best Tablesaw Fences" will be sources for new ones.

I would caution against using the same fence on both the saw and the router table.
Once your router bit is set to the correct height with the fence at the right distance away, which will need a hole to cover the bit on the right side, you do NOT want to disturb all this to use the saw to rip another length of stock.
A router fence is not used like a table saw fence which must remain parallel to the plane of the blade!
The router is a "point" cutting device, not a planer cutting device like a 10" saw blade.
The fence can pivot at one end and be clamped or fasted at the opposite end and that will give you the adjustability you need for different diameter router bits.
Most router table fences are made in two halves to adjust for bit diameter and to offset one where that is required by shimming.
They just ain't the same animal!

·
Registered
mechanical engineering
551 Posts
Bessemer fence system is good choice or shop fox. either brand system will be expensive 200 to 400 dollars.
it will last.
another nice one Table Saw Fence Systems closer to $400

the craftsman 10" 1hp 3400 rpm. from about 1984 the motor will need to check for oil ports yellow cap at each end 20# oil just a few drops. with out belt on spin motor with or without power let soak in add one or two more drops. put caps back in place let run for a few minutes. check the manual for other lub points jack screw should be a dry lube.

Fence Transforms Tablesaw Into a Real Router Table - FineWoodworking

there is a lot of threads here in replacement fence systems

good luck with your table saw

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts

I too found a great deal on a 113 Craftsman Table saw. It needed some tlc but nothing major. Ended up paying $75 for it and that was with a Biesmeyer fence.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I have one of these 113 saws. I added a Delta T2 fence. Delta T3 may be the current version. I had to redrill holes in the Delta rails so that they would line up with the bolt holes in the saw table. Some folks redrill the holes in the saw table.

·
where's my table saw?
32,276 Posts
Bessemer fence system is good choice or shop fox. either brand system will be expensive 200 to 400 dollars.
it will last.
I appreciate your wide knowledge of this subject, but it's spelled Biesemeyer, not Bessemer.
If he looks up saw fences, there wont be any info for Bessemer, so I'm giving the correct spelling.
I had never seen a Craftsman table saw factory equipped with a Bisemeyer fence UNTIL, I was walking around in the last remaining Sears store and saw a Craftsman 22124 Hybrid on sale for more than 1/2 the original price of $1100.00. As I drove home, I thought I really don't need a 4th table saw, but that deal is too good to pass on. I didn't sleep well that night and called Sears first thing AM, to see if they still had it, YUP, it was there and they had lowered the price another $100.
I hung up and raced over there on Easter Sunday morning and loaded it upside down on a large cardboard in the back of my pickup with a cap on top. Luckily if fit and rode just fine. I still have it and love it!

·
where's my table saw?
32,276 Posts
Well I guess I was lucky when I did a search for Bessemer:
That wasn't "luck" it was Google correcting for the spelling and asking you whether you did really want Bessemer.
Google can read your mind as well as all your emails and personal data.
Nothing is safe or sacred any longer.

·
where's my table saw?
32,276 Posts
That's great. The fence is now worth more than the saw... LOL.
You remembered seeing those saws, because I certainly never did. They had some crappy fences back then and no one here had ever mentioned them having a Biesemeyer before. One of the recent responses here claimed to have bought a saw with a Biesemeyer on it, for $175.00?

·
Registered
815 Posts
You remembered seeing those saws, because I certainly never did. They had some crappy fences back then and no one here had ever mentioned them having a Biesemeyer before. One of the recent responses here claimed to have bought a saw with a Biesemeyer on it, for $175.00?
I worked in one of the largest Sears stores from 1978-83 and then National HQ to 1993. I wrote the catalogs for a couple of years, although never the tool department. So yes, I probably remember more than most people about what they sold back then.

·
where's my table saw?
32,276 Posts
I have a collection of Craftsman catalogs dating from 1962 to about 2000, I'd have to check. I was a huge fan of Craftsman tools because that's all there were in my neighborhood until I discovered "industrial quality" moving from Chicago to Detroit. Hardware store didn't carry power tools back then, only hand tools. I did buy my first .22 rifle at a small Sears store in Northern Indiana when I was 13 years old, a JC Higgins auto loader. My Grandpa actually bought it, but I had to pay him back with my "allowance money" and he kept it until I was 16. I wasn't allow any ammo without his permission. I shot at a lot of crows as a kid, but never hit one of those crafty birds. I still have it some 60 years later and it works just fine.
A lumber yard were the only place I saw first hand a large radial arm saw, maybe a 14" or 16" Dewalt. I suppose there were commercial grade store around, I just never
knew about them. Production Tool on 8 Mile across the city line was the biggest and best equipped store for industrial grade woodworking machines near me. There was a high end woodworking store, Glenn Wing Power tools, on Woodward Ave where I first saw a 5 HP 12" Powermatic table saw, and eventually bought it. They delivered it and set it up. I used it lightly for 4 years or so, and it was way overkill for my needs, scary powerful. I haven't used it in 15 years, runs like new though when I start it occasionally to keep the belts from getting flat spots.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I appreciate your wide knowledge of this subject, but it's spelled Biesemeyer, not Bessemer.
If he looks up saw fences, there wont be any info for Bessemer, so I'm giving the correct spelling.
I had never seen a Craftsman table saw factory equipped with a Bisemeyer fence UNTIL, I was walk arould in the lasr remaining Sears store and saw a Craftsman 22124 Hybrid on sale for mire than 1/2 the original price of $1100.00. As I drove home, I thought I really don't need a 4th table saw, but that deal is too good to be true. I didn't sleep well that night and called Sears first thing to see if they still had it, YUP, it was there and they had lowered the price another $100.
I hung up and raced over there on Easter Sunday morning and loaded it upside down on a large cardboard in the back of my pickup with a cap on top. Luckily if fir and rode just fine. I still have it and love it!
Actually I found it on Offer Up for $75 and yes with a Biesemeyer fence. I caught the seller at the right moment, he originally started at $250 then dropped it to $150. I replied to his ad and offered him $75 and he took it. He had it in storage and needed be out of it in a few days. So lucky me! Here's a pic after I refurbed it.
Automotive tire Gas Bumper Composite material Wood

1 - 17 of 17 Posts