Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had the joy of finishing this natural edge Milo (pronounced me-low) bowl (or is it a vessel?). This is the first crotch piece of Milo I've turned, and boy did it turn nicely. If you ever have a chance to attain this wood do so, you won't regret it. Although I haven't turned a vast variety of woods, Milo is my favorite thus far. It's beautiful, stabile, cuts wonderfully, and finished well. I hope you enjoy. Please feel free to give me some pointers if you see somewhere I can improve.

The dimensions are approximately: 5"h x 5"w x 1/8t

S.D.G.

Attachments

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Manuka Jock said:
Nice pot , beautiful wood :thumbsup: Where does Milo originate from ?
It's considered a native Hawaiian tree, although it inhabits in various other places in the Pacific Ocean.

S.D.G.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Beautiful wood, beautifully turned. I'd hate to give you pointers never having turned milo before so I'll comment after you send me a chunk:).
Seriously, very pretty piece.

·
Banned
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bonanza35 said:
Beautiful wood, beautifully turned. I'd hate to give you pointers never having turned milo before so I'll comment after you send me a chunk:). Seriously, very pretty piece.
Unfortunately Milo is also quite rare, otherwise I'd be happy to share with the group.

S.D.G.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts