Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DRTYBYRD
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And the gentleman who owned it. Picked up a few pieces of some nice wood while craiglisting.

Wood Hardwood Plywood Lumber Tree

The seller threw in some pieces that he was not sure of what it was. Any suggestion?

Wood Table Plywood Hardwood Beige

Wood Table Wood stain Floor Flooring

·
DRTYBYRD
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THe bottom two are very likely imbuia. The top one looks exactly like zebrawood except that the color is wrong.

A cleaned up end grain shot would help
Phinds - the first one is zebra wood according to the seller. I wonder if the lighting had an effect. It was the one you said may be imbuia that was of question. I will ger some better shots this evening.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Phinds - the first one is zebra wood according to the seller. I wonder if the lighting had an effect. It was the one you said may be imbuia that was of question. I will ger some better shots this evening.

Thanks
Check out the imbuia on my site and see what you think.

·
DRTYBYRD
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not through the app unless something isn't operating properly. I am even having trouble seeing my own pics from this thread. Thanks for the link.
Too funny. I saw this website when I googled the wood. Just didn't know it was yours.

·
DRTYBYRD
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ohhhh

not really. you need to clean it up so it shows the grain.
Now I see said the blind man, you mean clean up the wood, not the picture. Brain laps there - sorry. Will do.

I did take a look at your sight (bookmarked for future references). It does look like a few of the photos you have for imbuia. Thanks for helping me figure it out.

·
DRTYBYRD
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good job! Not imbuia after all and I'll need to poke around and see can I figure out what it IS instead of just what it isn't, but tonight I'm off to bed early
Maybe monkey pod. Stopped by wood workers source today and saw something similar

1 - 15 of 15 Posts