Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got this truck bed load of myrtle wood burl for 300$ sounded like a good deal to me but was wondering what you guys think of that price.My myrtl wood burl bowls sold well over x-mas so I said the hell with it and went for it.Now I got a s--t load of bowls to turn.

Attachments

·
Log dog
7,933 Posts
That seems like a good deal to me, but not familiar with that species. Let's see the figure in it.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ian, send me a piece 12" x 12" x4" and I will tell you what it is worth at NO charge to you. LOL
Nice score. Be sure to post pics of what you make. You lucky stiff.

Jack

·
Registered
996 Posts
knika said:
Ian, send me a piece 12" x 12" x4" and I will tell you what it is worth at NO charge to you. LOL Nice score. Be sure to post pics of what you make. You luck stiff. Jack
You'll have to turn it before coming up with a price right?

I'd say that's a good deal. Depending on the wood and number of blanks you can get you should make out pretty good

·
Registered
557 Posts
I wasn't familiar with that one either so I did a quick search. If what you have looks like what I saw then you do have something other folks will want. Once you get it milled so you can check for eyes and grain then you can set a price. I am on another site where folks are always looking for wood like this.

Nice haul. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts