Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a set of 8 "stick people" I whittled years ago. I've done others in the same style since then. I even have an X-rated one in progress. But this eight I consider a set. They're all pine finished by dipping in polyurethane then swabbing the drips as they form.

Each measures approx. 3/4" square by 5-6" tall.

They are arranged, left to right, in the order in which they were carved.

Carving Product Artifact Sculpture Statue

Carving Artifact Sculpture Ancient history woodworking

Product Carving Art

Carving

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've made collages of four of the them. Some day I may do the same for the rest.

Cool Bunny:

Sculpture Statue Yellow Art Figurine

Skeleton Guitarist:

Product Carving

The Witch:

Carving Sculpture Art Statue Stone carving

The Wizard:

Carving Finial

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Love them LOL

Reactions: Chaincarver Steve

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments, guys.

Very nice.

How often do you nick yourself while creating these?
Very rarely. This collection was done between about 15-19 years ago. I had pretty good knife control even back then. Not the kind of control to be a good carver, mind you, but the kind of control to get cut only very infrequently.

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Cool and fun figures! Like them all but like more the skeleton guitarist, he totally rocks. Great skills and craftsmanship sir!
Yeah, he seems to be most people's favorite. He's my favorite too. All of these actually look in little cooler in person than the picture portray. Especially the skeleton guitarist.

Thank you.

I might have to take better pictures of them sometime. These are old photos on a cheaper camera.

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I posted a link in a previous post to my "King of Spades" stick character. I mentioned this guy too, so I figured I'll go ahead and show him in his current state.

His name is Walnut Woodie. Pretend my thumb is a fig leaf. There's dirty things going on under there. I know the pictures where taken in poor lighting conditions but I'll get better pictures whenever I finally get it done and lacquered.

Sculpture Carving Statue Stone carving Art

Product Stone carving Sculpture Carving Statue

Carving Stone carving Statue Sculpture Antique

Sculpture Carving Stone carving Statue Hand

Sculpture Statue Stone carving Art Carving

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.