Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
Carpenter
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi everyone I'm a new member so thought I'd say hi and show you my compact little shop. I'm a site carpenter so I like everything portable for when the tools come out to site with me.

Still need to add a table saw, benchtop bandsaw and as many other tools I can cram into the space.

I have my best/favourite hand tools in the wall units then things like portable thicknesser and benchtop machinery on the floor in the cupboards
Wood Interior design Window Flooring Gas

Building Wood Shelving Floor Shelf

· Premium Member
6,979 Posts
My first shop was in a small bedroom. I made a roll top desk and some other furniture in there.
It can be done, it just takes longer and your designs should be in accordance with the tools and workspace you have,

· Registered
Carpenter
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited by Moderator)
My first shop was in a small bedroom. I made a roll top desk and some other furniture in there.
It can be done, it just takes longer and your designs should be in accordance with the tools and workspace you have,
Yeah I agree and as much as I would love a bigger workshop I would only be paying for a space that I can't utilise properly so this works well for me

· Registered
1,743 Posts
It's a pain if I have to break down sheet material as all that has to be done outside but other than that I've not had any issues with the projects I've done
My biggest pain to date was making the workbench for the shop...I still needed my old bench to make the new one...

Reactions: Rwhpi

· Premium Member
Cabinetmaker
257 Posts
Hi everyone I'm a new member so thought I'd say hi and show you my compact little shop. I'm a site carpenter so I like everything portable for when the tools come out to site with me.

Still need to add a table saw, benchtop bandsaw and as many other tools I can cram into the space.

I have my best/favourite hand tools in the wall units then things like portable thicknesser and benchtop machinery on the floor in the cupboards
View attachment 445238
View attachment 445237
Welcome aboard, Northodox.

Very impressive layout!

Like you, To free-up workspace, I store all of my small power tools and a cast of other items in cabinets and drawers. I actually invested in a Dymo electronic vinyl label maker to keep track of the contents in every drawer & cabinet. It sure takes away the "guessing games", when searching for an item. It also looks like you've got wall space for a small pegboard, behind your miter saw. They come in handy for hanging everyday use hand and measuring tools. And, don't forget the fire extinguisher!

- Bob

· Registered
Carpenter
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome aboard, Northodox.

Very impressive layout!

Like you, To free-up workspace, I store all of my small power tools and a cast of other items in cabinets and drawers. I actually invested in a Dymo electronic vinyl label maker to keep track of the contents in every drawer & cabinet. It sure takes away the "guessing games", when searching for an item. It also looks like you've got wall space for a small pegboard, behind your miter saw. They come in handy for hanging everyday use hand and measuring tools. And, don't forget the fire extinguisher!

- Bob
Labeling the boxes is something I've been meaning to do for a while so I'll look into the Dymo and good shout regarding the pegboard as that could be where I can store my drills too.

· Registered
1,743 Posts
Labeling the boxes is something I've been meaning to do for a while so I'll look into the Dymo and good shout regarding the pegboard as that could be where I can store my drills too.
Just fyi, the cartridges for those machines can be more expensive than the machine itself, but Amazon has some generic ones that work fine/ better than the originals. (Print quality is slightly worse, but they stick better)

Reactions: Northodox.

· Premium Member
Cabinetmaker
257 Posts
Hello Northodox,

If your interested in a fine label machine, here's the one I purchased at Amazon. It's great for labeling just about everything and tapes adhere well and are very water resistant.

Machine, A/C adapter and tape assortments were very reasonably priced. The assorted color tape carts (23 ft. each) are generic and work better than the originals. They are sold by Greatteam, and I've had very good luck with the brand for over a year. And, the seller also has clear tapes with black lettering.

The printer is operated by batteries, but I purchsed the optional adapter for this model (suggested purchase). Batteries do not have to be removed, when using adapter.

I've included a PDF file with photos of the products. Below are direct weblinks on Amazon for each item. Happy Holidays!

- Bob

Label Machine:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BK3FVL...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

A/C adapter:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CK8HRYQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tape Carts:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GFJOV1S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments

· Registered
Carpenter
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello Northodox,

If your interested in a fine label machine, here's the one I purchased at Amazon. It's great for labeling just about everything and tapes adhere well and are very water resistant.

Machine, A/C adapter and tape assortments were very reasonably priced. The assorted color tape carts (23 ft. each) are generic and work better than the originals. They are sold by Greatteam, and I've had very good luck with the brand for over a year. And, the seller also has clear tapes with black lettering.

The printer is operated by batteries, but I purchsed the optional adapter for this model (suggested purchase). Batteries do not have to be removed, when using adapter.

I've included a PDF file with photos of the products. Below are direct weblinks on Amazon for each item. Happy Holidays!

- Bob

Label Machine:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BK3FVL...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

A/C adapter:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CK8HRYQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tape Carts:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GFJOV1S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Oh wow thankyou very much for taking the time to go through everything and send me the links. Will be handy to do the three small compartment wall storage aswell so I'll definitely be able to warrant getting one

· Premium Member
Cabinetmaker
257 Posts
Happy your satisfied. Forget to mention that I needed a carrying case for the printer, carts & accessories. I researched and found a universal one on Amazon that fits everything absolutely perfect. Velcro separators allow sector adjustment for storing all items. Elastic bands hold small items in place. Printer, some carts and A/C adapter stores well in bottom larger compartment. Top compartment stores many extra carts, batteries, etc., with extra space. Both sections are zippered. Case is heavy duty cloth w/carryiing handle. Neat/organized storage, very handy for job-site transports. Only $20 US.

Here's a link and photo for the case.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CXQWVPN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Font Screenshot Multimedia Output device Gadget

- Bob

1 - 20 of 20 Posts