Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey to all, i got alot of emails about my pencil post jigs so we put them on youtube, you have to watch the titles as there are two jigs and the tube has them mixed up a little, but if you look next to the video you will see "more from intheworkshop" and it will list them so you can pick the next one, there is about an hour of video here ,its 6 segments,I hope you like it, here is the link to the first one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsdvcopuSWw

thanks to all of you

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Another good video Charles. I have not personally welcomed you, I will fix that, welcome. I had not until recently taken the time to visit your site...:huh:, should have done that from day one, very nice indeed. I am in the process of watching the past videos you have on youtube as I have time. I just watched the one on how to make tiger maple pop :thumbsup:.

You do nice work brother, thanks for taking the time to share with us.

I encourage other members to check out your site, the galleries are pretty darn cool. http://www.antiquesbuiltdaily.com/. Just curious, why don't you have your site in your profile or signature ?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Daren, I appreciate that , we just got some new lighting and mic, and Sherri is looking at new cameras, guess the new tools just went bye bye, but we all really enjoying doing the videos and its comments like this that let us know we are doing something worthwhile

thanks again,

Charles

·
johnep
2,140 Posts
My goodness you are a perfectionist! Regret I would probably just have clamped the post to another strip using wedges as spacers.
Anyway, greatly enjoying the master at work, but just cannot get to part 4. Help please.
regards,
johnep

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where in the World is #4

My goodness you are a perfectionist! Regret I would probably just have clamped the post to another strip using wedges as spacers.
Anyway, greatly enjoying the master at work, but just cannot get to part 4. Help please.
regards,
johnep
Hey John, when uploading, youtube got the videos out of order, here is the link to the #4 video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP3LknxcQQQ:smile:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Excellent Video. Thanks for taking the time to film this for folks like me who have some house framing expierence, but not the furniture making skills.

You rock brother.

·
johnep
2,140 Posts
Thanks for the link Charles. Now trying to find parts 5 and 6.
Looking at the way your saw sliced so easy. All that work on the jig would be wasted on just four posts. Presume you are now a supplier of pencil posts.

A side line could be lances as your posts very similar to those in the films of the Tudors.

looked on utube and they have 270 woodworking vids. I ploughed throuth the first few pages and found your parts 1-4 but could not find the remainder.
johnep

1 - 9 of 9 Posts