Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here goes. This is my next project.

I got most of my ideas from:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=6445

http://www.woodcentral.com/shots/shot390.shtml

I didn't want to spend $1000 for one of these soooo. I work with a program called TurboCad. I worked in 3D rather than taking a 2D plans and expanding them. Since the "wood" is all drawn "Full Size" you can get all your measurement directly from the item.

I didn't want to dedicate a router so I got a Duel speed motor from a local supplier (steal at $50) It is pretty heavy and that is why the box is "built to last."

The slides are from Home Depot. The smallest heavey duty ones they had were 14"

I started cutting the pieces today. Will be able to make all them out of one sheet of 3/4 Birch Ply. I will take pictures as I make it.

What say you???

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problemssss.

I have a zip file with the dxf file and some jpg's. It is 600 K so can't post it. I can also print up some "distructions" [thats what we call them] and mail if any one can't get a hold of a CAD program. :thumbsup:

Hub

P.S. here is a detail of how I plan to make the raiser. I will use the plastic stuff we all use for jigs as "frictionless" bearings and "lock nut" it together.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Progress. I finished the rough cut.

I have a very small shop so the only way to cut down a full sheet is to hang it over my workbench and table saw with a sacrifical sheet under to protect.

the pile to the right is what is left of the full sheet. sweet.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a very small shop so the only way to cut down a full sheet is to hang it over my workbench and table saw with a sacrifical sheet under to protect.
Know the feeling, sometimes I'm cutting up the plywood on the tailgate as I unload it. Makes cleanup a little easier though, just have to grab the blower and blow the dust out into the yard.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cutting a melamine shelf. . . . .

Hit a rough spot in the board on the fence. . . . ..

AAAAAAAaHHHHHHHh KICKBACK!!!!!!!

NO! JAM!!!!!

Kick the emergency off..

Whew no damage, no blood, :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Looked at my fence????? Have an old shelf I can use till I get the new one. But what a pain. . . Measure the blade . . . measure the front . . . clamp . . . measure the back . . . clamp. REPEAT!

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got on line and called local store and I can get the actual broken part for about $40 (New fence just south of $200) Should be here in a week. Whew!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Took me a minute to realize that...lol

I was wondering "what the hell is this guy standing his table saw on end for?"...lol I look over things too fast sometimes

1 - 20 of 44 Posts