Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It came in the mail this week-- & I'd been a good boy. It's a carbide chisel-- all 3 feet of it. Made by Joe Rollings in New Mexico. Needed this after making an urn-- exceeded the limits of the tools I have. He makes an assortment of chisels, I've bought some and by luck found some of his on eBay. He calls this one his "Boss Hogger". I chose the half inch tip-- fit my style better.
He does have a web site-- Bing or Google his name.
Dave H

Attachments

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
BigJoe16 said:
I would like to buy a carbide chisel. I've never used one.

Why is it so long? Just for deep hollowing?
Its that long so he can go deeper past his tool rest, im assuming the shaft is thicker also to prevent chatter..

BigJoe , i have a contest coming up in a few days for a pen turners carbide tool set.. You should participate and maybe you will get a set for yourself , course it won't be as long as docs tool here but least you will get a chance to get some for yourself.. :)

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
BigJoe16 I'll show ya what RusDemka made for me an there really good to , the 2 on the left are longer than norminal

Attachments

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got my tools before I knew about Rus's tools. But I still like the selection I have from Joe Rollings.
Dave H

·
Turning noob
1,817 Posts
cuerodoc said:
I got my tools before I knew about Rus's tools. But I still like the selection I have from Joe Rollings.
Dave H
Doesn't matter were the tools come from as long as they do the work we expect them to do.. :)

How deep can u go with that Boss??

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Doesn't matter were the tools come from as long as they do the work we expect them to do.. :)

How deep can u go with that Boss??
So true Ya the handles are on :laughing: old picture :laughing:

Reactions: RusDemka
1 - 9 of 9 Posts