Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing special, simply MDF, scrap plywood, and some edge banding. Had a buddy cut the aluminum plate, and bought the t tracks on amazon for $20:

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to mention that the top is a complete separate piece. It is not attached to the frame, but slides in and sits snug. I can slide the top toward me to make adjustments, or even lift it u usin the front knob I attached to do what I need to do.

I was able to take the top off, fence and router attached, put it in my bench vise, and make precise measurements before sliding it back onto its base. I liked the idea of versatility.

·
Wood Snob
5,963 Posts
I have an aluminum top router table too. Your going to have to anodize it or you will start getting black marks on everything you push through it. It's very easy to do and can do it yourself. It will make the surface 100 times harder and slicker than snot on a door knob.

image-4037584711.jpg

My top was bigger but I managed to find something big enough to treat it in.
Al

Nails only hold themselves.

·
Registered
489 Posts
How well does the dust collector on the fence work, I am planning to make a similar fence for my router table? :)

·
Registered
328 Posts
That's pretty fancy!! Here's a link to one of several I made for a one-off project. The table is synthetic bowling alley flooring-about 3/8" solid phenolic. The holddown is sized exactly for the pieces to be run, made workable by planing the fence in the same batch as the pieces to be run.

A 1/2" straight bit was plunged up through the top, then the cutter was installed through the table with the cutter above, so that no sawdust went down where the motor was.

The PVC riser is so chips don't get slung out the breather hole for the shop vac.

Dust collection is 100% with only a Shop Vac.
http://www.historic-house-restoration.com/images/windows3_0052.JPG

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like it Tom! Thanks Bernie.

The dust collection is an exact fit for my shop vac hose, which is my fancy dust collection system! It pulls 90% of the dust out while I'm routing. Works pretty well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts