Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought what I thought were a pair of doors removed from a craftsman house. It turns out that hey were not a pair, but two left hinged doors. My project was to modify one of the doors to a right hand swing, and build a cabinet for their use.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have to start looking at this site after my wife goes to bed. She's been wanting a cabinet for the bath and when she saw this she flipped! Now not only do I have another item on my honey-do list, she wants to make a trip to several 'reclaimers' in our area.

Now don't get me wrong, I love my wife and love doing projects that she likes. However our 'wood' budget is limited and if I spend it on reclaimed doors and nice fancy wood for her cabinet, that leaves me just enough to buy a clamp that's on sale at Ace Hardware!

Nice job! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have to start looking at this site after my wife goes to bed. She's been wanting a cabinet for the bath and when she saw this she flipped! Now not only do I have another item on my honey-do list, she wants to make a trip to several 'reclaimers' in our area. Now don't get me wrong, I love my wife and love doing projects that she likes. However our 'wood' budget is limited and if I spend it on reclaimed doors and nice fancy wood for her cabinet, that leaves me just enough to buy a clamp that's on sale at Ace Hardware! Nice job! :thumbsup:
I don't know if I should feel flattered or apologize for creating work for you. I can tell you that the wood was not that expensive. Here in Minnesota, Oak is one of the cheapest woods you can use. Also, there is a horizontal piece in the middle of the sides, because I was using shorts to build the cabinet. The top is bread board, because the top pieces were too short. Any thing to save a buck!!

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
I don't know if I should feel flattered or apologize for creating work for you.
Oooo, I know: feel flattered! It was definitely meant as a compliment. A well deserved compliment. You piece came out so beautifully you've earned the right to feel very flattered and very proud. :yes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts