Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I realize this is probably an excursion into old thread(s). Thank you forum! :thumbsup:
I live in a rural area and NOone sells blades for my Delta 14-with riser- that are appropriate for what I need--so I have to drive 90miles :thumbdown: or go online to get blades. Seems the wood I cut is rather rough on blades. :yes:
I went online to explore sharpening and found several methods on home sharpening and tried a couple. Since I have a Dremel--those methods appealed most and Voila! I have sharp blades now and can make my thick Mesquite blanks--I don't have to push them now--the wood almost goes on its own.
Thinking now that I have enough blades to last quite a while.
Dave H

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heck, I went back to the net to find the one that used and found several others--Youtube has several too. There's even a couple or three from this forum--Woodnthings ( in 2009 I think) did one using a Dremel so a thread search will likely get results.
They vary in complexity--depending if you want to follow the set of the teeth, etc---I just went for simple; using the Dremel and a midsize chainsaw bit. Not perfect but dang well better than what I had.
Dave H

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.